Alter Eco is looking for a Video Producer and Training Coordinator with serious organisational skills and a passion for using social media to improve the world.
The story so far…
Video has been blowing up on social media over the last few years and Alter Eco is working to be at the forefront of this growth. We believe that online video and storytelling has a crucial role in building a better world, but to make this happen will require serious innovation in video styles, production models and a radical upskilling of filmmakers and campaigners around the world.
So far Alter Eco has been me (Richard Roaf) and a trusted network of freelance filmmakers and producers which come on board on a project by project basis. But over the last year things have kicked off and we’re now in an exciting position to start making things happen on a bigger scale. If it all goes to plan it’s going to be epic.
Over the last year we’ve:
- Created videos for good causes that have been seen 50 million times and shared 1 million times
- Created viral videos exposing police brutality and amplifying indigenous voices from the Paris Climate talks
- Produced videos for organisations including Greenpeace UK, 38 Degrees, Amnesty International, Campaign for Dignity in Dying, 10:10 and New Internationalist
- Run video training for campaigners, NGOs, and filmmakers in Oxford, London, Brussels and Amsterdam
- Helped with the production of 5 Ways to Disrupt Racism, sharing useful advice to combat the rise of post-Brexit racism with millions of people
Over the next year we’re planning to:
- Scale up the creation of videos for causes like Greenpeace, Amnesty International, 38 Degrees and others fighting for environmental causes, defending human rights and generally making the world a better place
- Support the launch of a grassroots network of social media filmmakers
- Launch an online training series to skill up filmmakers and campaigners around the world
- Support the creation of regular videos along the lines of 5 Ways to Disrupt Racism
- Run a training programme to increase the diversity in the video sector
- Expand our work with filmmakers and campaigning groups internationally
But we need your help
The plans are big but to make them happen we need more hands on deck. If you’re psyched about the potential for social media videos to change the world and want to be involved in the vanguard, then join us!
We’re initially looking for a Video Producer and Training Coordinator to join us for three months on a freelance basis but if it works out then it would be great for this to be extended. The role could also change and adapted for the right person and we’d be open to pitching for work on causes that you’ve got a personal passion for. We’re looking for someone who’s committed to making a difference and is as ambitious as us about the impact they want to have.
Alter Eco are committed to diversity and we are keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented in the video and campaigning world.
To apply please follow these steps:
- Read the Job Description
- Download the Application Form
- Fill out the Application Form and save the file as “Your Name – Alter Eco VPTC Application Form”.docx
- Send the Application Form along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Job Application”
The deadline for applications is Tuesday January 3rd at 6pm. Interviews will take place in January with the role starting in late January or early February.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions and I’m really excited to hear from you.